DSPM’s K.V. Pendharkar College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Dombivli (Dist. Thane) was established on 11th July 1979 and managed by Dombivli Shikshan Prasarak Mandal (R), which was established in 1972.
It is one of the premier colleges established to impart & provide in the field of higher education for the deserving candidates and prove to be a milestone in the part of progress.
The college is affiliated with the University of Mumbai, Mumbai and it is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2(f) & 12(B) on 1st April 1995 under Act, 1956.
It is re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with "A" Grade (CGPA Score 3.14 on a 4 Point Scale in 3rd Cycle) on 23rd January 2017.
The aim of the college is inculcating gender equality, social awareness, scientific temperament, cleanliness, awareness about environmental issues.
K.V. Pendharkar College is one of the leading institutions imparting higher education in the fields of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management, catering to the diverse needs of the present youth.
The college has committed itself to provide quality education to all state and becoming the center of excellence in the process of facilitating effective teaching and learning with several career-oriented traditional and specialty programs.
It is co-educational institute, providing a regular course which is located in an urban part of Dombivli played a pioneering role in the field of higher education.
This college has awarded as the best college and conferred the status of grant-in-aid college that the fees and all the facilities for the students are fixed by the government. The student's admission is done as per the Admission Criteria prescribed by the affiliating university.
K.V. Pendharkar College was started by Mandal in the academic year 1979-80 with the formal permission of Government of Maharashtra and the University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
It is one of the leading institutions, imparting higher education in the fields of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management, catering to the diverse needs of the present youth.
The college has been introduced with latest developments in the field of industry and their requirements, the courses in Biotechnology, Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting and Finance, Banking & Insurance and Management Studies have been introduced.
At present, the college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, & doctorate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, & Management streams with optional specializations under the University of Mumbai, Mumbai. It also offers Add-On Certificate courses.
- To be a model institution of higher education, an ideal centre of learning catering to the multiple needs of students fraternity, shaping their overall personality, creating a healthy teaching-learning atmosphere to make students morally conscious, socially responsible human beings and to enhance their employability
Mission & Objectives:
- To provide facilities for higher education
- To develop spirit of inquiry, scientific temper and multidisciplinary approach
- To cultivate communication and soft skills
- To spread computer literacy and the use of Information Technology
- To promote awareness of our glorious national heritage
- To create sensitivity to contemporary Socio-Political National and International Issues
- To motivate in practicing moral values