Established in 1969, Department of Commerce - Bangalore University is a premier department and offering high-quality education for deserving candidates with various specializations. It is a constituent department of Bangalore University.
Started M.Com in 1969. Later, in 1976, the department introduced Post Graduate Diplomas in Business Administration, Marketing Management & Personnel Management, and Industrial Relations in 1975.
In 1976, MBA both day and evening have started the programme continued in 1998 it was entrusted for 20 years, The newly established Canara Bank School of Management Studies. Introduced Professional courses in 1999 i.e. started offering MFA (Master of Finance and Accounting) in 1999, MTA (Master of Tourism Administration) in 2000 and MIB (Master of International Business) in 2006.
Post Graduate Diplomas in International Business, Insurance, Hospital Administration and Health Care Management started in 2000.
- To provide an environment to unfold the inner faculties of students and teachers to develop the required knowledge and skills for achieving wisdom through excellence in the field of Business
- To blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills in business so as to prepare the youth to attain holistic approach and to occupy the managerial positions in Accounting, Finance, International Business, and Tourism, besides general management
- To prepare human resource to cater to the growing needs of teaching community in the field of business education and to promote quality research and consultancy in the area of Business Studies
- To develop entrepreneurial ability in students
- To develop a human resource to act as a think tank for the business sector
- To develop business philosophers to propagate and practice social responsibility, inclusive growth and sound value system