Miss Universe competition is the largest and most recognised beauty contest in the world. Every year, about 90 countries participate in this contest consisting of national pageant winners across the world. Women can qualify to become Miss Universe by taking appropriate steps.
This year, the world got its 69th Miss Universe with the crowning of Miss Mexico Andrea Meza on May 17, 2021. The event was held in Florida and India's Adline Castelino grabbed the spot of 3rd runner-up at Miss Universe 2021.
India's Adline Castelino Becomes 3rd Runner-Up At Miss Universe 2021
The 22-year old Adline Castelino traces her roots to Udupi, Karnataka, and won Miss Diva 2020 who represented India at Miss Universe this year.
Adline received praise for her response in the question-answer round. She was asked about countries' lockdown due to Covid-19 despite the strain on economies. To this, the model replied "Good evening universe. Well, coming from India and witnessing what India is experiencing right now, I have realized something very important that nothing is more important than the health of your loved ones. And you have to draw a balance between economy and health. And that can only be done when the government works with the people hand in hand and produces something that will work with the economy. Thank you."
Meanwhile, she also shared a heartfelt note on her journey. Adline wrote, "If I could pen down this feeling without getting overwhelmed about how I felt as I stood there witnessing people around the world cheering , flags waving high and even if I missed seeing IN I felt like I was home. I thought of you India and what we are going through. The love that people give you when they are hurting themselves is the purest form of love one can experience. I'm grateful to you that at a young age I have experienced that and if I could only show you what I saw that day!
I saw hope , a hope that will be ours soon."
How To Qualify For Miss Universe
- The candidates have to meet the age requirements and should be between 18 to 27 years of age.
- The candidates should know their competition as they are judged on the basis of three categories: evening gown, swimsuit, and a personality interview.
- The contestants must apply through the national director in their respective countries to enter the Miss Universe pageant.
- The candidates have to take very good care of their appearance. Thus, exercising, eating healthy, and pampering your skin is a must.
- Keep your calm and be polite, stay relaxed and enthusiastic while answering during the interview round.
- After winning the Miss Universe title, the contestant gets the chance to be a model, getting endorsement deals, or become an actress in the film industry.