Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is one amongst the most popular and widely accepted entrance examinations in India. This standardised test is conducted to screen candidates for an admission to management courses offered in colleges in India. MAT has been recognised as the national-level test in 2003 and over 600 business schools accept the MAT scores.
The registrations for MAT was extended up to May 15 and the computer-based examination will take place on May 20, 2018. With a few days left for the computer-based examination, let's explore the last-minute preparation tips for the MAT sections individually.
MAT Exam Pattern
|Section||Section Name||No of Questions||Time (suggested)|
MAT is an objective-type test conducted both online and offline. The individual time limit has been suggested by the organiser of the test, All India Management Association (AIMA). The percentile of MAT will be calculated based on four sections, such as language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis & sufficiency, intelligence & critical reading. And the score of the Indian & global environment section will not be reflected in the MAT scorecard.
Last-minute Tips For Language Comprehension In MAT
- AIMA's suggested time is 30 minutes for the language comprehension section. Try to complete this section well within the time frame, which will give you more time for the other sections.
- Majority of the questions will be based on grammar and spotting errors.
- Increase your command over the language, specifically to tackle the questions related to para jumble.
- Memorise all the synonyms and antonyms during the last days.
- Focus on the reading comprehension, which will help you fetch a good score in this section.
Last-minute Tips For Mathematical Skills In MAT
- This is one of the scoring sections and test-takers have to be more cautions about accuracy along with speed.
- Elementary mathematics is very useful to tackle questions in this section.
- While practising the mathematical questions, restrict yourself to the time allotted. This will help you during the examination.
- Make a note of all the formulae and revise them on the last day.
- Some of the important topics to read during the last days are: ratio and proportion, time and distance, profit and loss, time and work, averages, mensuration, algebra, permutation and combinations, trigonometry, linear programming, coordinate geometry and probability.
Last-minute Tips For Data Analysis & Sufficiency In MAT
- Most of the questions will be based on data interpretation. Some questions will be tricky, however, most of them will be moderate.
- If you have not solved a question in two minutes, leave the question.
- The questions are usually asked on topics such as pie charts, bar diagrams, charts & graphs, line graph, data comparison, table and Venn diagram.
- The elimination process is the best way to tackle the data sufficiency questions.
Last-minute Tips For Intelligence & Critical Reading In MAT
- The questions in this section are a little time consuming. We suggest you work on this area during the last days of your preparations.
- The questions based on fact inference judgement and passage conclusion are very important.
- Focus on logic while reading the question. This will help you find the answer before you start to solve the question.
- During the last days of your preparation, focus on the topics such as family tree, direction, assertions reasons, statement argument and analogy.
Last-minute Tips For India & Global Environment In MAT
- This is a general section kept to test the candidate's general awareness. Though this section is not considered for the scorecard, study the important topics at least.
- There is a huge weightage for the economics and economy-related questions. Hence, start with the topics related to them.
- The current affairs is another important section. Pick a good year book of your choice and start reading the events that are in news for a while.
- Read about the people in news, who's who, currencies, etc. during the last days.
- Never take more than 15 minutes to solve this section on the test day.