The state-level entrance examinations are no lesser when we compare it with national examinations such as JEE and NEET. Almost all the major states in India are organising their own entrance examinations for admissions to various courses offered by the colleges or institutes spread across the state.
Kerala Engineering, Architecture and Medical (KEAM), conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), is one of the popular state-level entrance examinations in India. According to the official notification, the admit cards will be issued for the KEAM entrance examination on Apr 10, 2018. KEAM 2018 will be held at all the districts in Kerala and in Delhi, Mumbai and Dubai (UAE). On 23 April, candidates will take the paper-I (physics & chemistry). However, paper-II (mathematics) will be conducted on April 24.
KEAM Exam Pattern
The KEAM exam will be conducted offline. The exam duration for the each paper is 150 minutes. Aspirants need to present their answers on their OMR answer sheet. Each correct answer will gain four marks; however, one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|Paper-I||Physics & Chemistry||120 ||480 |
|Total||280 ||960 |
Preparation Tips For KEAM Mathematics
- The mathematics paper will be conducted exclusively on a fresh date. This says how much importance it is going to carry in the final score.
- One should not give too much importance to the calculation steps because no one cares about the steps, you need to crack the answer at the end.
- Give most importance to the algebra, calculus and geometry units.
- Students should be familiar with all the formulae. We suggest you prepare flash cards and thoroughly go through them on the last day of your preparations.
- The circles and family of circles in the geometry unit are very important.
- Be strong in the trigonometry unit because direct questions are expected.
- Algebra unit will decide the fate of a candidate. Hence, never leave room for confusion.
Preparation Tips For KEAM Physics
- Never get confused with the basic concepts because a lot of questions are expected.
- Be strong in the mechanics of solids and fluids.
- The oscillations, waves and gravitation units are famous for scoring. So learn them well.
- The heat and thermodynamics unit is very important and the questions will be tricky. So never get confused.
- Direct questions are expected from measurement, optics, atomic nucleus and laws of motion.
Preparation Tips For KEAM Chemistry
- Chemistry has a huge syllabus in KEAM compared to physics and mathematics.
- Be thorough with the basic concepts in atomic structure, molecular structure, states of matter and the periodic table.
- Never get confuses between s-block, p-block d-block and f-block elements. One can score high in these units.
- If you are not strong in chemical equilibrium, put this one at the end because it takes too much time to solve.
- Chemical kinetics, surface chemistry and electrochemistry are very important.
- Try to solve the easiest questions first in chemistry. This will only save time to focus on other areas.
KEAM Reference Books
- NCERT textbooks
- Organic Chemistry by O. P. Tandon
- Objective Physics by Arihant Publications
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Mathematics series by R. D. Shar