The Indian Maritime University (IMU) was established in 2008 as a Central University with the aim of developing the human resource for the maritime sector. The institute was established to promote maritime studies, training, research and extension with a focus on the trending areas like maritime laws, maritime security, maritime history, oceanography, environmental studies and others.
Every year, IMU will be conducting the Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to various courses offered by the institute. Candidates who are seeking admission are advised to check all the information about the IMU CET 2019 prior to registration.
The programmes offered by the Indian Maritime University along with its own campuses and affiliated institutes are given below.
- 4-Year B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 4-Year B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- 3-Year B.Sc (Nautical Science)
- 3-Year BBA (Logistics, Retailing & E-Commerce)
- 3-Year B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
- 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Marine Engineering & Management)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Dredging & Harbour Engineering)
- 2-Year MBA (Port & Shipping Management)
- 2-Year MBA (International Transportation & Logistics Management)
- 2-Year M.Sc (Commercial Shipping & Logistics)
Postgraduate Diploma Programme
1-Year Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering (PGDME)
Ph.D and M.S (by Research)
IMU CET Eligibility
Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with aggregate marks of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. At least 50% of marks should have been secured in the English. The minimum age should be 17 years and maximum age is 25 years.
IMU CET Registration
Candidates have to register online for the IMU CET examination. The online application window will be open from April 1 to May 5, 2019. Candidates should visit the website of the Indian Maritime University (IMU) - http://www.imu.edu.in and click on the CET June 2019 hyperlink for online registration.
IMU CET Application Fee
Candidates have to pay Rs 1000 as the registration fee for IMU CET 2019. However, the application fee is Rs. 700 for SC/ST Candidates.
IMU CET Exam Pattern
CET for UG Programmes
- Total number of questions is 200.
- The syllabus for the examination is English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics at 10+2 level.
CET for MBA (Port and Shipping Management), MBA (International Transportation and Logistics) and the M.Sc (Commercial Shipping and Logistics) Programmes
- The total number of questions is 120.
- The syllabus for the test is Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
CET for M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management), M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) and M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering) Programmes
- The total number of questions are 120.
- The syllabus for the test is English, Mathematics and one of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering.
IMU CET Exam Date
Candidates who are seeking admission should appear for the all-India Online Common Entrance Tests (CET), which will be held on June 1, 2019, between 11 am and 2 pm. Candidates have to qualify in this CET for admissions to the respective programmes.
IMU CET Important Dates
- Date of commencement of IMU CET registration - April 1, 2019
- Last date for basic registration and online payment - May 5, 2019
- Last date for online submission of detailed application form - May 08, 2019
- IMU CET admit card - May 15, 2019
- Date for computer-based CETs - June 1, 2019
- IMU CET result June 6, 2019