Over the last decade, Germany is leaving no stone unturned to attract the number of international students and there is no exception for India. The data shared by the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) will surely boost Germany. The number of Indian students studying in Germany touch a record high. Indian student numbers in Germany continue to be on the rise. The number of Indian students in Germany has almost doubled in the last five years. Explore amazing facts and figures shared by DAAD.
DAAD Facts & Figures
- Indian students in Germany has grown by 18.44% over the last. The number of Indian students is 20,810 (Winter Semester 2018-19).
- There is a 5.3% growth rate in the total number of international students in Germany.
- Indian students going to Germany is almost four times that of the global average.
- Indian students in Germany form the second largest group of international students enrolled at German universities (Bildungsausländer).
- Subject fields: Engineering: 70%, Mathematics and Natural Sciences: 12%, Law and Social Studies: 13%, Other: 5%
- A total of 64% of Indian students choose Universities. 34% choose Fachhochschulen (Universities of Applied Science).
- M/F Ratio: Male: 72%, Female: 28%