Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute has announced a call for Applications for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2017-18 for Doctoral students, Post-doctoral scholars and students enrolled in degree programs in recognized Indian & Canadian universities or institutions to undertake research in areas/ fields in which scholars may desire/require research experience in Canada/India.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide an opportunity for a transformative cultural and educational experience.
- These fellowships are available to pursue research.
- These fellowships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Fellowships will cover $ 500 per week
Total number of Fellowships:
- Twelve fellowships are available.
Where can the fellowship be taken?
- Fellowship can be taken in Canadian & Indian universities.
- The proposed/accepted period of research will be up to 6 months for doctoral students.
Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- An applicant should have completed one year of Bachelor degree and a minimum of one semester or 6 months of Masters from an Indian or Canadian University/ Institution with at least 55% marks. The final year or last semester student has to provide proof for the internship required for that particular degree.
- Students pursuing M. Phil should have completed a minimum of 1 semester of the degree/course.
- The applicant's University/Institution must be from member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. A list of SICI member institutions is available.
- The applicant should not have another degree from a Canadian university or be enrolled in a Canadian degree program.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from a member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- The applicant must be a citizen or a permanent resident of India or Canada.
- Official Transcripts (student applicants only) to be sent directly from the university for all years of completed study.
- The applicant should demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English, and should preferably be in the age group of 21-25 years.
How to apply?
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Completed electronic application along with all required documents and with a mention of program name in the subject line "Application for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2017-18".
- Late and incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- In case the applicant is employed then Employer's endorsement is a must for application submission and has to submit 'No Objection' from the head of the Department/ Institution with the application.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from the member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- For more information, click here.
Important date to remember:
- The application deadline is July 23, 2017, by 5 p.m