The Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) is one of the components of Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scheme of the Department of Science & Technology. A total of 10,000 scholarships are available annually under Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE). Candidates who have passed Class 12 will be eligible for Inspire Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE). Check the registration, eligibility and other details.
Inspire Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
|Name||Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)|
|Organiser||Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology|
|No of scholarships||10,000|
|Age||17 to 22 years|
Inspire Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) Eligibility
Students who have passed Class 12 from various recognized Indian State and Central Boards and studying regular courses in natural/ basic sciences three years B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), four years B.S and five years integrated M.Sc./M.S. programs in any UGC recognized College/ University/ Institutions in India. The SHE scholarship does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional/technical /applied science courses.
Inspire SHE Scholarship: Value
The shortlisted candidate will receive a scholarship valued at Rs. 80,000 annually. Each candidate will receive the cash value of Rs. 60,000 per annum along with a summer time attachment fee of Rs. 20,000.
Inspire SHE Scholarship: Selection Process
Candidates will be based on performance in board examinations within the cut-off threshold (top 1%) for State or Central Board Examination. The performance in any of the competitive examinations such as JEE Main and NEET within stipulated cut off ranks will be considered.
Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE): List of Documents
- Passport size photograph (JPEG)
- Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST)
- Eligibility Note/Advisory Note if provided by the State/Central Board
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Class X Mark sheet or Certificate, for proof of Date of Birth.
- Certificate specifying Rank or Award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE /International Olympic Medalists [Only if the candidate is eligible under this criteria]
- Endorsement Form/ Certificate signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University.
Inspire SHE Scholarship: Registration Process
Students who satisfy all the eligibility conditions need to apply online on the official website - https://www.online-inspire.gov.in. One should obtain a print out of the submitted online application for his/her records. Candidates should not send the application or any other documents by post.