A notification has been released by the Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry on its official website inviting application from Indian Nationals for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 awards.
Category of Scholarship
This scholarship is being granted for Masters and PhD level study in New Zealand in the field of agriculture development and renewable.
This scholarship will cover the following:
- Full tuition fee
- A fortnightly living allowance
- An establishment allowance
- Medical and travel insurance
- Travel expense to and from home country
- Home leave and reunion travel for some scholars
- Assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students
About the Scholarship
The Scholarship programme is a part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP). Candidates who apply for this scholarship must have an offer of study from one of the eight universities in New Zealand.
Deadline to apply
March 30, 2017
In order to apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship, one has to follow the given steps:
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen
- The applicant should have a Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree in a relevant discipline with minimum 65 per cent marks for Master's or PhD respectively
- The applicant should not be more than 38 years of age as on March 30, 2017
- If the candidate has been abroad for study/training/specialisation either on scholarship or on their own for a period of more than six months, they will be allowed to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad
The candidates will be called in for an interview. They must carry along with them the duly filled application form on the day of the interview.
How to apply
- Eligible and Interested candidates can apply at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship
- Candidates can view the application form here
- Take a print out of it and fill it up
- Provide it to MHRD at the time of interview