The University of Southampton and the British Council India are jointly offering scholarships for Indian students in UK.
About the scholarship to study in UK
Named 'GREAT Scholarships', the university is offering for four Indian students who want to pursue a bachelor's or integrated masters programme starting from September 2017.
Study in UK scholarship amount
Each scholarship will be worth £8,500 and offered for the 2017-18 academic year only.
Programmes that the scholarship to study in UK is valid for
These study in UK scholarships are valid for programmes such as
- BE electrical and electronic engineering
- BSc oceanography
- BSc politics and international relations
- BSc criminology and psychology
- MPhys physics with astronomy
- ME acoustical engineering and other courses.
The scholarships will be issued as a reduction in tuition fees and will only be awarded for the first year of study. They are not compatible with other University of Southampton scholarships.
Eligibility to apply for GREAT Scholarship to study in UK
- Applicants must be Indian nationals who have completed high school from India and are currently residing in India.
- They must be self-funded and classified as an international student for tuition fee purposes.
- They should have applied for one of the eligible bachelors or integrated masters programmes and should have received a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of Southampton by May 31 for a degree programme starting in September 2017.
Deadline to apply for the scholarship to study in UK
The last date to apply for the scholarships is May 31.
Successful candidates will be selected on the basis of academic merit and the personal statement included in the GREAT scholarship application form. They will be notified in June.