CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB) is inviting applicants from India to apply for CSIR-IGIB Fellowship. The fellowship is available for pursuing research program for the academic year 2017- 18. The institute aims to promote the research by giving financial support to the applicants in the field of Biology.
- The fellowship is available to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree.
- The fellowship is awarded in the field of Biology.
- Masters' degree (M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm) with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in any branch of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or allied subjects with a special interest in Biology. B.Tech (in Biological sciences or other branches with a special interest in Biology)/B.Pharm/B.E./MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
- In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in their XII th standard board examination. Both the criteria are relaxed for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and at the XII th standard board examination.
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Please convert CGPA grades to a percentage.
About the Fellowship
- M.Sc/ M.Tech /M.Pharm/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm/B.E/ MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/DBT(JRF)/ICMR- JRF/DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least until July 13, 2017, in all cases).
- Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and under CSIR projects. B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E students who fulfill the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR-IGIB.
- Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application, May 31, 2017) which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard.
- GATE is not a valid fellowship to join the program for Masters degree holders. GATE-JRF is the only valid fellowship scheme strictly for candidates who have BTech or equivalent as highest qualification as per guidelines are given at http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html. CSIR/UGC-LS qualified candidates are not eligible.
- Please note that JGEEBILS/TIFR entrance exam/IISc entrance examination and similar examinations are not valid fellowship examinations for CSIR-IGIB. Please do not apply for these examinations as your fellowship source.
- Applicants can apply through online mode.
- A digital passport photograph not more than 2MB in size.
- Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to a percentage.
A succinctly written research proposal highlighting the following:
a. The title of the proposal
b. Introduction to the problem.
c. What is not known?
d. How do you aim to solve it?
e. 1-page schematic (can be hand-drawn, or computer made) on the proposal. The total proposal can be maximally 1500 words (excluding the figure). The proposal file should be a single pdf file containing the schematic. It needs to be uploaded during the application process. Please write and keep this ready this before initiating the application process.
- Click here, to apply
- Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. The payment needs to be made through an online payment portal. Please keep your net-banking details or your card details available with you.
- All candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria will be invited through email for appearing for interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, from the 10 June 2017 - 13 June 2017.
- Candidates finally selected will have an interaction session with the scientists of the Institute on the 13 June 2017.
- The application deadline is May 31, 2017.