For the academic year 2021-22, the AICTE Saksham scholarship has been announced, and applications are being accepted from differently abled students pursuing their degree or diploma at any of the AICTE authorised institutions of the year. Saksham is a Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) scheme implemented by the All India Council of Technical Education to encourage and enable differently abled students to seek technical education.
The candidate should be enrolled in the first or second year of a degree-level course by the lateral entrance at any AICTE recognised institution. Those chosen would receive a monthly stipend of Rs 50,000 for each year of study, up to a maximum of three years for first-year admitted students and two years for second-year admitted diploma students through the lateral entrance. Students pursuing technical degrees would be granted a monthly stipend of Rs 50,000 for each year of study, up to a maximum of four years for first-year admitted students and three years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship
Students who are interested in applying for this scholarship should know the following important points:
- Applicants must be specially-abled students with a disability of at least 40%.
- The family's total income from all sources during the current financial year must not exceed Rs 8 lakh, and a valid income certificate issued by the state or UT government must be attached to the online application.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to all qualifying specially-abled students who are admitted to the first year of a degree level course or the second year of a degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE recognised institutions.
- Candidates must apply online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), if they meet the eligibility requirements.
- The online application must be verified by the candidate's host institution, and the Department of Technical Education (DTE) of the corresponding State or UT will check the applications as the second stage of scrutiny.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected, and only online applications that have been validated will be considered for a scholarship.
- The award of a scholarship is contingent on the student receiving no financial aid in the form of a scholarship or any other emoluments, salary, or stipend from any other source during their time at the Institute.
The interested candidates can register online through the Official Website by November 30, 2021, and institute verification must be completed by December 15, 2021. Those who want to know more about the AICTE Saksham scholarship can read the Brochure for more details.