The All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has announced Pragati Scheme for girls for the year 2021-22, and qualified students are invited to apply online for the scholarship scheme. As part of the Pragati Scheme for Girls, the AICTE gives 5000 female students pursuing a degree or diploma in technical education at its affiliated colleges Rs 50,000 every year for a maximum of three years.
AICTE will provide scholarships to all qualifying girls from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura who submit online scholarship applications.
The chosen students will receive Rs 50,000 per year for each year of study, with a maximum of three years for first-year admitted students and two years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry for diploma students, and a maximum of four years for first-year admitted students and three years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry for degree students as a lump sum payment towards college fees, computer, stationery, books, equipment, and software purchases.
AICTE Pragati Scheme: Eligibility
The scholarship is available to a family with a maximum of two female children who also meet the following criteria:
- Through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved institutions of the corresponding year, the girl candidate should be admitted to the first year of the Diploma level program or the second year of the Diploma level program.
- Through lateral entry in any of the AICTE recognised institutions of the corresponding year, the girl candidate should be admitted to the first year of the Degree level program or the second year of the Degree level program.
- During the current financial year, the family's total income from all sources should not exceed Rs 8 lakh, and a valid income certificate issued by the state or UT government must be enclosed.
AICTE Pragati Scheme: How To Apply
- The interested individuals who meet the qualifying requirements must apply online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by November 30, 2021.
- Defective and institution verification will be available until December 15, 2021. The candidate's online application must be verified by the host institution where he or she is enrolled.
- As a second degree of scrutiny, the Department of Technical Education (DTE) of the particular State or UT will examine these applications.
- While registering on the National Scholarship Portal, students must have their educational documents, bank account information, and Aadhaar card handy.
Candidates interested in knowing more about the AICTE Pragati Scheme for girls can review the Official Brochure and apply through the National Scholarship Portal.