Introduction to Computer Forensics course, is a free online course from RIT, learn the process, techniques, and tools for performing a digital forensics investigation to obtain data related to computer crimes.
Interested candidates can enroll in this online course on or before May 23, 2017.
About this course:
- In this course, you will learn the principles and techniques for digital forensics investigation and the spectrum of available computer forensics tools.
- Also learn about core forensics procedures to ensure court admissibility of evidence, as well as the legal and ethical implications.
- You will learn how to perform a forensic investigation on both Unix/Linux and Windows systems with different file systems and will also be guided through forensic procedures and review and analyze forensics reports.
- This offering is part of the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters Program that prepares students to enter and advance in the field of computing security.
What is learned?
- Court admissibility investigative procedures.
- Attributes of various Windows and Unix/Linux file systems and file recovery processes.
- To identify and apply appropriate forensics tools to acquire, preserve and analyze system image.
- Review and critique a forensics report.
Duration of the course:
- Length: 8 weeks
- Effort: 10-12 hours per week
- Price: Free Add a verified certificate of $150
- Institution: RITx
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Advanced
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
For more information, visit the official website.