Introduction to Fundamentals Of Computer Science offered by IIT BombayX enables to learn the importance of software design, programming skills, data structures, and algorithm principles, that drive every electronic gadget that you see in the market. It is an online course offered by IIT BombayX.
IIT Bombay, established in 1958, has emerged as a leading Institute in India. It is globally recognized for its quality education and strong research programs. Admissions are made through national competitive entrance examinations, considered to be the toughest in India.
The research program in Education Technology attempts to evolve the most effective learning-teaching processes. The Centre for Distance Engineering Education Program (C-DEEP), handles much of the outreach activities.
Learn the software engineering essentials you need to design next generation software. Explore all series programs & enroll today.
About this course?
- If you want to be the software designer who can architect systems for successful startups like Flipkart, this XSeries provides the foundational knowledge you need.
- Google search, Netflix personalization, and self-driving cars rely on complex algorithms and data structures that can scale to a billion users.
- In this 5 course XSeries, you will learn the importance of software design, programming skills, data structures, and algorithm principles, that drive every electronic gadget that you see in the market.
What is learned?
- Basic programming skills:
- How to write C++ programs to solve real-world computational problems.
- How to use object-oriented programming to design modern software systems that adapt to highly rapid change.
- How best to use different data structures to represent, organize, and manipulate data.
- To inculcate design thinking for a building system that scale.
- The importance of efficient algorithms in terms of time and space complexity.
What is an X series?
An XSeries is a group of courses that add up to a rich understanding of an area of study.
Once you pass the entire series, receive a personalized X series certificate that shows you put in the work, understand the material, and you have a shareable certificate to prove it!
What are the courses offered in X series?
This X series offers 5 courses which are:
- Programming Basics is a prerequisite for Object-Oriented Programming and
- Foundations of Data Structures.
- Object-Oriented Programming and Foundations of Data Structures are prerequisites for Implementation of Data Structures.
- Foundations of Data Structures and Implementation of Data Structures are prerequisites for Algorithms.
Duration of the course:
- Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 8 hours per week
- Institution: IIT BombayX
- Subject: Computer Science
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
For further information and to register, click here: https://www.edx.org/xseries/fundamentals-computer-science