National Institute of Technology is all set to conduct a three-day National workshop on Research Methodology in Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power from July 10-12, 2014
The workshop is targeted to the young faculty members and research scholars who desire to join teaching in future. With the introduction of new undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in mechanical, civil, chemical, aerospace in various engineering institutes in India, there is a need to train the faculty members who teach the fluid mechanics and allied subjects so that they can adopt right approach while impart teaching in these subjects as well as enable to inculcate the research interest at the both UG and PG levels. The workshop offers a methodical approach to build an insight in research and in fluid mechanics.The National Society of Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Power(NSFMFP) in collaboration with National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal organises a three-day workshop on 'Research Methodology in Fluid Mechanics' at NITK Surathkal.
The workshop would include topics like:
- Importance of Research
- Computational Methods in Fluid and Thermal Sciences
- Problem Formulation and Case Studies using CFD
- Conducting Research using Simulation Tools
- Design of Experiments & Measurement Techniques
- Data Analysis, Regression and Uncertainty
- Case Studies in Experimental Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Power
- How to Prepare a Journal Manuscript
- Ethical & Copyright Issues in Research
- How to find a Research Problem, do a literature survey and read a research paper.
Registration fee for Research Scholars is INR 1500, for faculty members from Academic Institutions INR 3000 and for industry and R&D Personnel INR 3000
Hard copy of filled and signed registration form duly forwarded by Director/Dean of the Institute/HOD should be sent to the coordinator on or before June 10, 2014 along with Demand Draft in favor of "RMFM-2014, NITK Surathkal"
Last date of receipt of application : June 10, 2014
Intimation of acceptance by email : June 23, 2014