Microsoft is conducting an online course on 'Optimizing Microsoft Windows Server Storage'. The course enables you learn beyond simple Microsoft Windows Server storage strategies with three key storage optimization features: iSCSI Storage, Storage Spaces, and Data Deduplication.
About The Course:
Optimizing Microsoft Windows Server storage is key to keeping pace with your organisation's ever increasing data needs. Once you have initially configured your Microsoft Windows Server storage you will want to take advantage of three key features: iSCSI Storage, Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.
iSCSI is a protocol that supports remote access to SCSI-based storage devices over a TCP/IP network. It provides and easy to use alternative to Storage Area Networks (SANs) and can use existing infrastructure.
Storage Spaces lets you group physical disks together and present them as a single logical disk. This makes it easy to manage and dynamically allocate storage.
Data Deduplication is a service that identifies and removes duplications within data. The goal of Data Deduplication is to maximize the use of disk space.
- How to implement Microsoft Windows Server iSCSI infrastructure to access storage devices on the network
- How to implement Microsoft Windows Server Storage Spaces including storage layout, drive allocation and provisioning.
- How to implement the Microsoft Windows Server Data Deduplication service to maximize the use of disk space.
Candidates should have to meet the following criteria to take admission in the course:
- Learners should have some general understanding of server and storage concepts. This course will only review fundamental information where necessary to illustrate how Microsoft implements a Windows Server feature.
- It would be helpful to have taken INF201.12, Introduction to Windows Server. This ensures a strong foundation in Server Manager, server roles, and server features.
- It would be helpful to have taken INF201.21, Implementing Windows Server Disks and Volumes. This ensures a strong foundation in implementing, configuring and securing, disks and volumes.
- Windows PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing the features in this course. Therefore, it would be helpful to have completed INF201x, Windows PowerShell Fundamentals. This ensures you have a strong foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
- Read all 0 Reviews0/5 average stars
- Course starts on: December 15
- Course length: 6 week
For further deatils visit the official website