The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, which is a centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has invited applications for two new free online workshops for one day. The first workshop will be held on 16 July 2021 on the topic "SAR application for flood hazard mapping and monitoring," and the second workshop will be conducted on 11 August 2021 on "Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications."
Participants can register and attend the course using the IIRS e-class portal or by visiting the institute's official YouTube channel. An ISRO certificate will be awarded to those who attend the entire live workshop via the e-class portal. Participants who take part in the workshop through the IIRS YouTube channel should mark their attendance via offline sessions, which will be available after 24 hours.
Details On SAR Application for Flood Hazard Mapping and Monitoring Workshop
The goal of this online workshop is to emphasise the value of microwave remote sensing data in flood hazard mapping and monitoring. The topics that will be discussed at the workshop are as follows:
- Overview and basic concepts of SAR.
- Access to SAR data and processing S/W.
- Processing of SAR data.
- SAR application for flood hazard mapping.
- SAR based flood hazard mapping.
Details On Lunar Remote Sensing And Its Applications Workshop
This workshop will provide attendees with an overview of Moon remote sensing via several scientific satellite missions, as well as discussions of their key discoveries, by covering the following topics:
- Overview of Lunar Remote Sensing.
- Lunar South Pole Aitken Basin: Understanding Mantle Geochemistry.
- Reflectance Spectroscopy and Detection of Endogenic water on the Moon: Examples from recent Lunar Missions.
- Chandrayaan-2 Imaging Infrared Spectrometer (IIRS): Some initial results for Mineral Analysis.
- Recent Advances in Radar Exploration of the Moon.
- Mg-Spinel Mineralogy on the Moon.
ISRO Free Online Workshop: How to Register
The participants must first register on the official website by providing information such as full name, email address and password, name of the workshop, personal details, educational qualification, and documents.
After submitting the application, the applicants can preview it and monitor its status. For additional information, the candidates can check the Workshop Brochure on 'Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications,' and 'SAR Application for Flood Hazard Mapping and Monitoring.'