IIT Kharagpur, a national institute, is offering a free online course on the basics of the Internet of Things (IoT) that can be completed in 12 weeks. The course is available through the NPTEL platform and is AICTE FDP approved. The course is at the graduation level, and participants must have a basic understanding of programming to grasp it.
Dr. Sudip Misra, a professor in the department of computer science and engineering at IIT Kharagpur, will lead the course. Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, Internet of Things (IoT), Computer Networks, Learning Systems, and Algorithm Design for new communication networks are among his current research interests. Participants can also earn certificates after passing an examination for Rs 1000, and the course is worth three credit points.
IIT Kharagpur's Free Online Course On Internet of Things: Topics To Be Covered
The IIT Kharagpur course intends to introduce participants to the technology, as IoT will be used in all key fields in the coming years. The technique is applicable in a variety of application domain verticals, including agricultural, space, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, water, and mining. Below are the topics that will be covered in the IIT Kharagpur Free Online Course:
- Introduction to IoT: Sensing, Actuation, and Basics of Networking
- Basics of Networking: Communication Protocols
- Communication Protocols: Sensor Networks
- Sensor Networks: Machine-to-Machine Communications
- Interoperability in IoT, Introduction to Arduino Programming: Integration of Sensors and Actuators with Arduino
- Introduction to Python Programming, Introduction to Raspberry Pi, Implementation of IoT with Raspberry Pi
- Introduction To SDN, SDN for IoT
- Data Handling and Analytics, Cloud Computing, Sensor-Cloud, Fog Computing, Smart Cities and Smart Homes, Connected Vehicles, Smart Grid, and Industrial IoT
- Case Study: Agriculture, Healthcare, and Activity Monitoring
IIT Kharagpur's Free Online Course On Internet of Things: Important Information
The course will begin from July 26 to October 15, 2021, with the examination for certification conducting on October 24, 2021, in two batches: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The course enrollment deadline is August 2, 2021. The willing students and professionals who are interested in the course can apply by clicking on the Join button on the Official Page after logging in to the SWAYAM platform with their Microsoft, Facebook, Google, or SWAYAM accounts.