In order to make students and teachers aware of the tools of learning in this digital network age and explain them the differences in accessibility to those tools at various places, the University of Southampton is offering free online course named 'Learning in the Network Age.'
Who should take this course?
This course will be useful to anyone who is in or wants to pursue Higher Education.
Why take the MOOC?
This course will equip you with the skills needed to succeed in education, in this networked age.
Name of the Course
Learning in the Network Age
University of Southampton
The course will start on July 24, 2017.
Anyone interested can take this course
About University of Southampton
According to the University of Southampton official website, it aims at providing outstanding teaching and a range of opportunities to participate in events and activities throughout the year.
About This Course
Digital technologies have fundamentally changed how we learn. The web is no longer simply an information resource, but also a space for interaction, scholarship and creativity.
In this world where knowledge is widely distributed, accessibility is determined by and dependent on the strength of an individual's learning network. This course will equip you with the skills needed to succeed in education, in this networked age. You'll explore our digital differences and how to address them and examine ways to grow and manage your own personal learning network.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Explain what it means to learn in the network age (where, when, how and with/from whom we learn as networked individuals in a network society)
- Reflect on the impact on education of digital inequalities such as access, openness, ownership and inclusion
- Explore digital tools for finding, using and storing information; communicating and collaborating; and creating, presenting and sharing ideas
- Investigate your personal learning network and develop network skills in how to grow, manage and active ate it more effectively
Curriculum innovation, digital literacies & digital marketing at University of Southampton.
He is a Web Scientist and Digital Educator interested in Personal Learning Networks and their impact on higher education.
How to apply for this course?
- Log on to the course website link
- Sign Up in the registration form
- Apply for the course