Data Science Essentials is a free, online course offered by Microsoft. This course helps course-takers to explore data visualization and exploration concepts with experts from MIT and Microsoft, and get an introduction to machine learning.
About the course
In this course, takers will learn key concepts in data acquisition, preparation, exploration, and visualization. They also can look at examples of how to build a cloud data science solution using Azure Machine Learning, R, and Python.
Course begins on September 26, 2016. It is a self-paced course which will be held for a duration of 6 weeks. For a verified certificate, course-takers will have to pay $49.
Also read: Data Science vs Big Data vs Data Analytics
What will the course-takers learn in this courses?
- Explore the data science process
- Probability and statistics in data science
- Data exploration and visualization
- Data ingestion, cleansing, and transformation
- Introduction to machine learning
Instructors for the course are
- Dr. Steve Elston who is the Managing Director of Quantia Analytics, LLC
- Cynthia Rudin who is an Associate Professor MIT and Duke University.
For further information about the course and to register, click here.