XLRI-Xavier School of Management announces admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) for Working Executives & Business Owners for the batch 2017 to 2020. This Three-Year Part-Time Weekend Program, approved by AICTE, imparts the rigor of a full-time programme through 900 + hours of class room interactions.
About the PGDM
- Spreading over three academic years, the programme has been designed to accommodate working professionals to pursue the course without hindering their professional engagements.
- The program has been designed with a rich mix of core courses, elective courses, and dissertations to provide a holistic approach to both practical and conceptual aspects of management domains. Further, the course structures and choice of pedagogical approaches provide multiple opportunities for peer learning and application of knowledge to real-life business situations.
What management has to say:
"The programme allows working professionals, who are willing to stretch out a bit, to acquire the highest quality management education while continuing with their current work. It has been exclusively designed to facilitate two-way learning; thus, while participating in the programme, the students can get many opportunities to apply the conceptual insights gained in the classroom to their respective workplace on a day-to-day basis," said E Abraham S.J, Director of XLRI.
- The classes are to be held at XLRI Campus, Jamshedpur on the weekends to accommodate the time constraints of students who are working professionals
- The classes will be scheduled to start from 12:00 Noon on Saturday and end by 16:15 hours on Sunday to allow students from outside Jamshedpur to attend the program
- The virtual classroom sessions shall be delivered over a direct-to-desktop mode and shall normally be around 25% of the total sessions for core courses only
- Candidates having three years Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by a University or a Deemed University and a minimum work experience of two years in managerial/supervisory/executive/ownership role prior to 30th April, 2017 are eligible to apply for this programme
- Candidates who have completed the four-year Bachelors' degree in any Engineering discipline from a University or Deemed University are also eligible to apply. The candidate must have a score of 50% or more marks (or its equivalent GPA) in the above programs.
Candidates are to be selected through a written aptitude test on 9th April, 2017. The test will have sections on quantitative ability, logical reasoning, and English language skills. The personal interviews are to be held from 7th April - 17th April, 2017.
The fees of the programme amounts to Rs. 10 lakhs, is payable in installments as decided by the institute.
- The Last date of receipt of application with payments is 14th March, 2017
- Aptitude Test is on 9 April 2017
- Personal Interviews will be between 7 April and 17 April 2017
- The classes are scheduled to commence from the 3rd week of May, 2017