The lines to apply for XAT 2018 has opened from August 16, 2017. In an official notification, XLRI Jamshedpur has announced the important dates of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT).
What does the XAT official notification read?
According to the notification, until last year, XAT used to be held in paper-pencil mode but now it would be held online.
Eligibility for XAT 2018
- Candidates must be graduates in any discipline from a recognised University or Institute.
- Final year Bachelor's Degree students are also eligible to apply for XAT provided they complete their degree by June 10, 2018.
- NRI and foreign national candidates belonging to countries outside India, except Dubai and Nepal, have to take GMAT in order to apply for XLRI programmes.
How to apply for XAT 2017?
- XAT aspirants need to register for the exam before they begin filling the XAT application form. Once the candidates have generated their XAT ID, they will be able to proceed to the XAT 2018 application process.
- After completing the application form filling, candidates will be required to pay the fees before the submission of the form.
How to pay the fees?
The fees can be paid through both offline and online modes. If paying online, they may use payment options including Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking, while Demand Draft/IDBI Bank Challan payment options can be utilised if paying offline.
- Rs. 1650 for Online/Offline modes; Till November 30, 2017
- Rs. 2000 for Online/Offline modes; After November 30, 2017
- Rs. 1950 (Rs. 1650 + Rs. 300) for Online/Offline modes; Till November 30, 2017 for every XLRI programme
- Rs. 2500 (Rs. 2000 + Rs. 500) for Online/Offline modes; After November 30, 2017 for every XLRI programme
XAT Exam Pattern
- XAT will be held in online mode.
- The online XAT 2018 is scheduled to be held on January 7 and will be conducted in as many as 47 cities across India and two cities overseas, Dubai and Kathmandu.
- There will be two papers. Paper 1 has objective type questions from Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability, and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. It will also have negative marking.
- Paper 2 will have questions of both objective and descriptive nature will cover General Knowledge and Essay Writing sections. This will not have negative marking for wrong answers though.
- However, candidates are allowed to skip a maximum of 12 questions, beyond which they have to incur negative marking of 0.05 marks.
Dates to remember
- XAT 2018 will be conducted in computer based mode on January 7, 2018
- The last date to apply for XAT 2018 is November 30, 2017
About Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
XAT is a national-level postgraduate management aptitude test conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI.