National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli, has declared one day workshop on " Friction Stir Welding and Allied Processes" (FSWAP-2014). The workshop is being organised by the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
About the workshop:
Friction stir welding (FSW) was invented by The Welding Institute (TWI) in December 1991. FSW is a relatively new joining process, in which melting does not occur and joining takes place below the melting temperature of the parent metals. FSW proves to be an eco-friendly process, they produce no fumes; uses no filler material; with very little surface preparation. Recent developments are taking place in areas including FSW by double shoulder, Friction Stir Processing, Friction Stir Spot Welding, Friction Surfacing, and Friction Welding of Tube to Tube plate.
FSWAP-2014 is focused on covering principle behind joint formation during FSW, recent advancements and the appropriate applications. This workshop also provides a forum for the participants from various streams to interact, discuss and exchange their knowledge with resource persons.
The topics covered will include the following:
*Introduction to Solid state welding
*Advancements in following processes:
- Friction Stir Welding
- Friction Stir Processing
- Friction Stir Spot Welding
- Friction Welding of Tube to Tube Plate
* Practical Session
- Faculty members from Technical Institutions, Research Scholars, Students and practicing engineers are eligible to attend the workshop.
- The registration fee Rs. 750/- per participant should be paid by DD in favor of "The Director,
- NIT, Tiruchirappalli-15" and payable at SBI, NIT, Tiruchirappalli.
- Last date for receiving application: 19th February, 2014
- Intimation of selection (by Email only): 20th February, 2014
- The workshop will be conducted on 22nd February, 2014.
For further details and to register click here