Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur, announces Self Financed One-Week Workshop On "CFD - Fundamentals and Software Training". This workshop is organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, VNIT, Nagpur.
About the workshop:
The objective of the proposed workshop is to upgrade the knowledge of engineering college teachers, to enhance the skills of engineering postgraduates students and research scholars. The workshop will provide a perfect blend of subject fundamentals and practical experience of ANSYS FLUENT 14.5 software by experts picked up from industries and academics. On successful completion of the workshop, a participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and numerical methodology fundamentals essential for CFD analysis.
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate/understand the physics of fluid flow problems for simulation, analysis and presentation.
- Use tools and techniques of "ANSYS FLUENT".
- Demonstrate an expertise to solve real-world CFD problems from start to end.
- Receive training certificate for the course.
Scope of the workshop:
- Introduction to CFD.
- Governing Equations of Fluid Motion.
- Finite Difference and Finite Volume Methods.
- Grids/Boundary Conditions.
- RANS Equations and Turbulence Modelling.
- Compressible and Incompressible Flow Modelling.
- Best Practices in CFD.
- CFD Software Training demonstrating different case studies.
Participants must send a Demand Draft (DD) for INR Rs. 7000/- along with the duly filled in registration form. The DD must be drawn in favour of, "The Director, VNIT Nagpur" payable at Nagpur.
Last date of receiving filled in application forms: 12th February, 2014.
Notification about selection: 14th February, 2014.
The workshop will be conducted from 26th February to 2nd March, 2014.
For further details click here