The University Grants Commission (UGC) has framed guidelines for reopening universities and colleges across the country. The UGC guidelines 2020 for reopening was approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Education. The Commission has suggested the colleges and universities reduce the size of the classroom and increase the teaching hours. Explore the UGC guidelines 2020 for reopening colleges and universities post lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Ministry of Education Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' has shared a video message regarding the UGC guidelines 2020 for reopening of universities and colleges.
Minister Nishank tweeted, "In line with the notion of @HMOIndia regarding the precautionary measures against #COVID19, @ugc_india has now framed guidelines for the reopening of universities and colleges."
In line with the notion of @HMOIndia regarding the precautionary measures against #COVID19, @ugc_india has now framed guidelines for the reopening of universities and colleges. pic.twitter.com/D8BPcEA646— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) November 5, 2020
UGC Guidelines 2020 For Reopening Universities And Colleges
- The universities and colleges will be allowed to open only if they are outside the containment zones.
- Students will have the option to attend classes and prefer to study online while staying at home. Institutions may provide online study material and access to e-resources to such students for teaching-learning.
- Universities and colleges are advised to restrict the outside experts on campuses, study tours, field works etc.,
- Teaching hours in a day can be extended
- Universities and colleges may reduce the size of the class and break them in multiple sections to maintain physical distancing.
- Only up to 50% of students may be allowed on a rotation basis to attend the classes.
Generic Preventive Measures For Students And Teachers
- The physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Use of face cover or mask.
- Handwashing with soap.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed.
- Self-monitoring of health.
- Spitting is prohibited.
- Use of Arogya Setu App.
The official UGC guidelines notice reads, "For all other Higher Educational Institutions, e.g., State Universities, Private Universities, Colleges etc., the opening of physical classes to be done as per the decision of the respective State/UT Governments."