The National Testing Agency (NTA) is likely to declare the JEE Main 2020 Result by September 11, 2020 on its official website. The exam was conducted between September 1-6.
Ranks secured by the candidates in this national level exam are used for admission into B.E / B.Tech courses offered by 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 CFTIs. Furthermore, states like Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Bihar and Nagaland as well as some private universities and institutes also accept JEE Main score for admission into their undergraduate engineering courses. JEE Main is also a screening cum qualifier exam for JEE Advanced, which is conducted for admission into IITs.
Recommended: [To check your admission chances in NITs/ IIITs/ State colleges based on JEE Main scores/ rank, use JEE Main College Predictor]
After the exam, candidates usually search for the top engineering colleges. A list of top NITs, IIITs and other engineering colleges as per the NIRF ranking 2020 has been provided below for the reference of students.
Top NITs as per the NIRF rankings 2020
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology Warangal
- National Institute of Technology Calicut
Top IIITs as per the NIRF rankings 2020
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur
Other top engineering colleges as per the NIRF rankings 2020
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Amrita School of Engineering, Kerala
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Punjab
- Amity University, Noida
Counselling will be common through JoSAA for the NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. The dates for counselling have been tentatively announced as October 6 to November 9, 2020.