The last date for the TISS MA Admissions 2018 has been extended to December 08, 2017. Candidates can apply soon on the official website of the Institute.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai began its registration process for the admissions to full time (regular) Post Graduate Degree programmes. These courses will be offered in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad for the academic year 2018-2019.
"Candidates facing problems in filling the application form due to high network traffic may try again after 3-4 hours." the official notification which was released by the official website.
Important Dates for TISS MA Admission 2018
- The extended last date to send in the applications is December 08, 2017.
- The admit cards for the TISS MA Admissions 2018 will be released by Decemebr 19 to 19, 2017
- The TISS NET will be conducted on January 06, 2018 form 2 PM to 3.40 PM
- The admit cards for the examination will be available from December 18, 2017, to December 19, 2017.
Selection Process for TISS MA Admissions 2018
The selection process for the candidates will be conducted in three phases - Entrance test, pre-interview and personal interview and Merit List.
TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
There will be a written examination which is called the TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET). Every candidate will have to appear for the entrance exam.
- The exam will be a computer-based test.
- There will be 100 multiple choice questions.
- These questions will be divided into following sections - General Awareness ( for 40 marks), English Proficiency (for 30 marks) Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (for 30 marks).
- A demo test will be available on the website.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
The test will be conducted in 39 cities in the country. These test centers will be the following, according to the region:
- North: Chandigarh, Dehradun, New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi, Greater Noida, Mohali
- East: Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Dimapur, Silchar
- West: Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Solapur, Navi-Mumbai, Thane
- South: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode
Pre-Interview and Personal Interview
The candidates who get through the entrance test will be called for the pre-interview test and the Personal Interview. This wil be conducted in TISS Mumbai, Tuljapu, Hyderabad and Guwahati campuses.
Final Merit List
The final merit list, which will be based on 100 marks for the written test, 50 marks for Pre Interview and Group Discussions and 75 marks for Personal Interview will be prepared. Based on the merit list, candidates will be selected and the list will be put on the website.
If the candidate has applied for more than one subject then and has selected for more than one, then the admission will be offered to the course which is higher in the order of preference.
Application Process for TISS MA Admissions 2018
- Applicants can check the official website of TISS to submit their applications.
- Applicants can only select maximum of three programmes. These programmes can be chosen from any of the two campuses in the order of preference of the applicant.
Applicants from regions where there are no Internet services can get the printed copy of the form from the institute. A request for the printed copy can be sent to 'Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088' through speed post.
Application Fees for TISS MA Admissions 2018
- The application fees for one programme is Rs. 1030 through online mode for candidates belonging to General category.
- For two programmes the fees is Rs. 2060.
- For three programmes the fees is Rs. 3090.
- If the amount is paid by cash at the Bank, the fee would be rs. 1000, Rs. 2000 and Rs. 3000 respectively for 1, 2 and 3 programmes
- For candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC categories, the fee would be Rs.260, Rs.520, and Rs.780 for 1,2 and 3 Programmes respectively, if payment is made online.
- For payment by cash, it would be Rs.250, Rs.500, and Rs.750 for programmes 1,2 and 3.
How to Apply for TISS MA Admissions 2018?
- Visit the official website of TISS - www.tiss.edu
- The candidate must register with an e-mail ID.
- A password will be received by the candidate using which they will have to log in.
- Fill up the important details - basic details, academic details and mention the programme(s) they are willing to apply for.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fees.
- Submit the details.
- Download a copy and print for future reference.