Tamilnadu Class XI exams will now be made as a public exam model. The state government has ordered for conducting public exams for students of class XI and has proposals to revise school education syllabus in order to make it on par with CBSE standards in the coming years.
Will this move not burden students?
In order to alleviate the burden of the three consecutive exams, School Education Minister K A Sengottaiyan assured that arrangements have been made in that regard already. Here is the plan. The marks for the Class XI and Class XII will be consolidated.
How will the marks be consolidated?
Presently, for class 12, the total marks in 1200. That will now be divided into two parts. Class 11 students will appear for 600 marks and in class 12 students will appear for another 600 marks. The marks scored in both the classes will be consolidated.
How will this benefit the students?
- Their burden of appearing in the board exams will actually be shared in two years instead of everything in a single year.
- Schools will focus on class 11 syllabus also than rushing into class 12 syllabus as both will be given equal weightage in the exams.
- Students who have failed in subjects in class 11, will get an opportunity to be promoted to class 12 and re-appear for the arrear exam.
When will this new scheme be implemented?
The new scheme for class 11 and class 12 exam pattern will be implemented from the academic year 2017 to 2018. Currently, students of classes X and XII appear for public exams.
What are the new changes in the higher secondary board exams?
- The marks will be split for two years as 600+600=1200
- The duration of the exam will be reduced from three hours to two and a half hours.
- Students failing in class 11 will be enabled to rewrite the subjects in class 12
- The syllabus will also be revised for various classes starting from 2018-19 to 2020-21. "We want to make the syllabus on par with CBSE standards. It will also include Tamil culture, heritage, art and literature," the Minister said.
Also Read: TN TET 2017 Answer Keys Released: Check Now!