Education is important for the growth of developing nation like India. It is a process that helps in transferring knowledge, skills and habits from one generation to another. In today's scenario education plays a significant role in shaping our lives and the society at large.
Education is a powerful tool to eradicate poverty and boost economic growth. People's health will improve by investing in education. Improving literacy level will go a long way in improving human living standards.
Also, education is a self - enlightening process and an important human activity.
The education function lives as long as the human race lives. It helps in living a good life.
The Hyderabad Union Ministry has formed a sub-committee of Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) under the chairmanship of Telangana's Deputy Chief Minister and Education Minister Kodiyam Srihari to look into the issue of girl's education.
Why is the committee set up?
The committee is set up to look for
- Low participation of girl's in education.
- Socio-economic factors.
- To reduce gender disparity.
- To examine existing schemes, measures and incentives aimed at enhancing girl's participation. Modifications and improvements in existing schemes.
- Look into issues of girl student safety in schools, particularly in residential schools and hostels.
- It will also look into infrastructure gaps such as non. availability or non. functioning of girl's toilets.
- Also for raising standards of girl's education.
This committee helps in analysing?
- It will analyse girl's participation at all levels of school education across socio- economic groups of SC/ST minorities.
- The current status of girl's enrolment in primary, secondary and senior secondary level.
- The sub- committee will hold consultations with the Central or State government and other stakeholders. The report is submitted to the Union government within one year from the date of its constitution.