The QS Ranking 2018 has been released for the BRICS nation on Wednesday. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) has published the best universities in BRICS category.
(Indian Institute of Technology) IIT Bombay and IISc (Indian Institute of Science) have made India proud by securing a place among the top ten ranks. While IIT Bombay ranked ninth, IISc ranked tenth.
Around 300 universities from India, China, Russia, South Africa and Brazil have been taken into consideration for the marking.
Top 10 Indian Institutes
- BITS Pillani
- Thapar University
- Symbiosis International University
- Manipal University
- Amrita University
- VIT University
- Kalinga University
- OP Jindal Global University
QS BRICS Ranking 2018 top 10 list:
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Peking University (China)
- Fudan University (China)
- University of Science and Technology of China
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- Zhejiang University (China)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
- Nanjing University (China)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (India)
- Indian Institute of Science (India)
"The biggest gain from ranking is to be able to look at ourselves. Our universities are producing quality work," said UGC chairman Dr Ved Singh Chauhan.
"With 300 universities being ranked this year, there's also the opportunity for new institutions to break into the rankings," QS top universities said.
QS Rankings 2017 stats
Last year, IISc ranked at the sixth position among all universities in BRICS nations. IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras and IIT Kanpur ranked 13, 15, 19 and 22 respectively.
Like last year, Chinese universities - Tsinghua University, Peking University, Fudan University and the University of Science and Technology of China had topped the ranks in 2017, occupying seven of the top 10 ranks. India had the second highest representation in the 2017 list after China.