National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy has announced inauguration of IGS Trichy Chapter and 2 day National workshop on "Challenges in Geotechnical Investigation and Foundation design". Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Trichy is organising this event.
About the workshop:
Geotechnical Engineering (GE) concerned with the design and construction of foundations, slopes, retaining walls, embankments, tunnels, levees, wharves, landfills, marine and offshore structures and similar facilities; and with the engineering characterisation and behaviour of the ground its constituent materials. GE plays a key role in all civil engineering projects built on or in the ground. The workshop addresses the role of GE on infrastructure development based on the field experiences.
- Geotechnical Investigations and Foundation Recommendation
- Need for quality- Some case studies
- Foundations and Remedial Measures for structure on Expansive Soils
- Piled Raft
- Construction of Very High Retaining Wall and Embankments using Geosynthesis
- Termination criteria of pile foundation
- Importance of In-situ testing for Deep Foundation Design
- Earthquake Resistant Design- Geotechnical aspects and cases studies
- Geotechnical Investigation for infrastructures development
- Piles on soft ground
- Ground Engineering Techniques for Infrastructure Projects
- Challenges in Geotechnical Investigation
- Geosynthesis for infrastructure development
The workshop will be conducted between 14th and 15th February, 2014.
For further details click here