The Prime Minister Office (PMO) has announced that the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Postgraduate (NEET-PG) 2021 will be postponed by at least four months. The official sources confirm that NEET PG 2021 exam will not be held before August 31st. Students will be given at least one month of time after the announcement of the exam date and other details. Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has reviewed the COVID-19 situation and decided to postpone the NEET PG 2021 exam. This will enable a large number of qualified doctors available for COVID duties.
NEE PG 2021 Postponed
PM Narendra Modi has reviewed the growing need of adequate human resources for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. Modi has also taken many important decisions to boost the availability of medical personnel in COVID duty. Explore the key decision listed below.
- Medical personnel completing 100 days of COVID duties will be given priority in forthcoming regular Government recruitments
- Medical Interns to be deployed in COVID Management duties under the supervision of their faculty
- Final Year MBBS students can be utilized for tele-consultation and monitoring of mild Covid cases under the supervision of the Faculty
- B.Sc./GNM Qualified Nurses to be utilized in full-time COVID nursing duties under the supervision of Senior Doctors and Nurses.
- Medical personnel completing 100 days of COVID duties will be given Prime Minister's Distinguished "COVID National Service Samman"
The PMO statement reads, "Decided to allow deployment of Medical Interns in COVID Management duties under the supervision of their faculty, as part of the Internship rotation. The services of Final Year MBBS students can be utilized for providing services like tele-consultation and monitoring of mild COVID cases after due orientation by and under supervision of Faculty. This will reduce the workload on existing doctors engaged in COVID duty and provide boost to efforts of triaging."
It also reads, The medical students/professionals sought to be engaged in COVID related work will be suitably vaccinated. All Health professionals thus engaged will be covered under the Insurance Scheme of Government for health workers engaged in fighting COVID 19."
Earlier, Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has postponed the NEET PG 2021 exam scheduled on April 18 due to a sudden rise in Coronavirus cases across the country. He also said that the revised exam date will be available soon on the NBE website.