The NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) examination date is likely to be re-scheduled by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
As per the reports, the scheduled date may be changed following large scale logistic arrangements, which is required to accommodate six to eight lakh candidates who are expected to appear for the entrance exam.
The NEET 2016 phase II exam was scheduled to be held on July 24, which may be conducted on someother day.
The Supreme Court's verdict with regard to NEET was out on May 9, 2016. During the verdict the Apex Court clearly stated that the examination authority can make changes in the proposed exam date for conducting NEET phase 2.
NEET: Important Dates
- Second phase of NEET: July 24, 2016
- Final result of students' shortlisted for medical courses (All India Pre- Medical/Dental Entrance Test): August 17, 2016
- Last date to complete procedures for entrance in medical colleges: September 30, 2016
- Result declaration dates of NEET (combined result of both NEET stage 1 and 2): August 17, 2016
- Online counselling for allotment of MBBS/BDS seats under 15 percent all-India seats will be done from August 17, 2016 to September 30, 2016
How SC Verdict On NEET Is Affecting NRI Admissions?
According to NEET 2016 schedule AIPMT 2016 examination conducted on May 1, 2016 will be treated as NEET 2016 phase 1. Over 6 lakh students had written the phase 1 examination.
Candidates who have appeared for AIPMT 2016 can reappear for the second stage of NEET.