The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation to conduct the essay writing competition for post-graduate students of statistics to commemorate the celebration of the National Statistics Day 2020 in India. The essay writing competition is scheduled to take place on February 23 from 10 am to 1 pm. Postgraduate students of statistics can apply for 'On the Spot Essay Writing Competition-2020.' Candidates can check all the important details about the competition below.
On The Spot Essay Writing Competition-2020: Important Points
- Two topics of essay would be given on the spot. Candidates can choose one topic and write an essay in about 5000 words in three hours.
- Candidates should visit the nearest Regional/Sub-Regional Office of National Statistical Office (NSO) for writing the essay.
- Ministry will not provide any TA/DA for appearing in the essay competition.
- Candidates should apply for the essay competition through offline mode. They should submit their application in two copies.
- The applications should be received before January 20, 2020.
- The competition will be conducted on February 23 from 10 am to 1 pm.
- The winners will be invited to a function organized by MoSPI to receive the prizes on June 29, 2020.
How To Participate In Essay Competition?
- Take a printout of the application form for 'On-the-Spot Essay Writing Competition- 2020'
- Fill-up all the details
- Attach the passport size photo and required documents.
- Two copies to be submitted: Original + Photocopy
- Send the application form to the Deputy Director, Training Unit, National Statistical Office, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, 3rd Floor, Wing-C, Pushpa Bhawan, Madangir Road, New Delhi-110062 through ordinary/speed post.
Cash Prize For Essay Competition
- First Prize - Rs 15,000/-
- Second Prize (2 numbers) - Rs 12,000/- (each)
- Third Prize (3 numbers) - Rs 10,000/- (each)
- Consolation prizes (5 numbers) - Rs 5,000/- (each)
The National Statistics Day is celebrated every year on June 29 to recognise the contribution made by Prof. Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in the fields of economic planning and statistical development.