The Council of Architecture has announced important changes in NATA 2016 examination. According to the official website changes will be effective from April 1, 2016.
The National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA), is a national level test conducted to offer admission to Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) degree programmes to various government, unaided schools or colleges and government-aided institutes of architecture across India.
Following are some of the changes introduced in NATA 2016:
- Candidates who are appearing for NATA can make maximum of 5 attempts within two years from the date of their first attempt of NATA. This will be implemented starting 1st April 2016 .
- The best score out of 5 attempts will be considered as 'Valid Score'
- Validity of the 'Best Score' will be for 2 years from the date of the first attempt
- Candidates are required to submit online registration form at the NATA website. A new application form has to be submitted for every attempt and the application fee has to be paid as well.
- To determining the " best of 5" for the students who appeared for NATA test before 2016, 5 more attempts will be allowed and their earlier "last valid score" also will be considered for obtaining the Best Score. Validity of their "Valid score" will be 2 years from the date of their first attempt in 2016.
- Candidates seeking epeat test must provide all the earlier exam details in the application form
- while registering for NATA 2016
- If a candidate fails to inform about required details about previous attempts of NATA exam, may result in cancellation of previous score and will not be allowed to appear for NATA again.
- Last date of registration: August 18, 2016
- Last date of the exam: August 20, 2016