Karnataka CET 2016 - Mixed Reactions Regarding PCMB

By Deepak

Karnataka CET 2016 - Mixed Reactions Regarding Biology and Mathematics

The long wait is over for the PU students as the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) exams have finally commenced. For the next two to three days, the anxiety of students and parents, the surprising questions in the papers and predictions about results will double the heat for these aspiring doctors and engineers. KCET plays a touchstone that tests the degree of knowledge one requires to study a branch of education that suits one's capacity. It is an unbiased test conducted with no room for any kind of unacceptable practices. Hence, KCET is the most important phase in the life of a science student which influences his or her career prospects.


As students step across the first threshold, Biology, of the KCET exams, interpretations start shooting from all the corners. The Biology question paper comprised close to 60% easy questions and 40% moderate ones. Such a scenario gives a positive picture of results and most of the students are expected to come out with flying colours. However, Maths and Physics were a hard nut to crack whereas Chemistry was easy to solve.

Students Speak:

Karnataka CET – PCMB Papers

The paper was moderate, easy not very easy about 60% of the question paper was manageable the other 40% was moderate and it would be easy if someone studies really well. Easy, it was easier compared to the previous year papers. - A student

A medium difficult paper, no question repeated, was a little complicated like the previous year question paper - Tejashwini from Christ Junior College

Easy some questions were repeated from papers of last 4-5 years. - Harshavardhan

Manasa from Deeksha College says, "Mathematics quite tough and lengthy".

"Mathematics was moderately tough and lengthy. The allotted 1 hour time wasn't sufficient to complete the paper", says Niveda from SSRVM College.

Komal from Sri Chaithanya College, says, "the mathematics paper was neither tough nor easy. The paper seemed to be lengthy and the allotted 1 hour was not sufficient to answer the whole paper".

Karnataka CET – PCMB Papers

Asmitha, Deeksha College, says "Physics was not easy as compared to Math. Physics was the most difficult paper of the PCM subjects and easiest was chemistry."

Rohit, says, "Physics paper was lengthy while chemistry paper was easy as a lot of questions were from the PU syllabus."

A Teacher's Words:

"Because of the chemistry paper leak, students are in a state of dissolution and they appear to have not taken the examination seriously. Compared to the last year, the mindset of the students could have changed due to the incidents such as malpractice and 2nd PUC Chemistry paper leak. Regardless of all the precautions taken by the education board to curb malpractice and paper leak, the incident of Chemistry paper leaking twice has made the student community lose its faith in the examination system. the whole education system has to be revamped", says Kamala SriPada, who is a parent and also a lecturer at NMKRV college.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X