Indian Air Force has invited applications for candidates to attend the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). The course begins from 1 January 2017.
The curriculum will cover grant of short service commission (SSC) in flying branch and Permanent commission (PC) / short service commission in ground duty Tehnical and ground duty Non technical branches. Candidates can apply online in the air force official website.
Name of the test
Degree like BE, B.Tech., MCA, MA, M.Sc.
Last date of admission
28th December 2016
No. of Vacancies
The age of the candidate should not be between 20 and 24
A three year degree / BE / B.Tech. / MBA / MCA / MA / M.Sc.
Selection will consist of two rounds:
- Written Exam
- Personal Interview
How to apply for AFCAT 2017
- Visit www.careerairforce.nic.in
- On the right top side of the homepage, click Candidate Login
- A new login page will appear. Click New Candidate button
- Fill the details such as name, gender, DOB, etc and register yourself
- You will receive a login ID and password. Note it down for future reference
- Login again and fill other forms that will ask your choice of job location, etc
- Click Submit
Candidates will receive e-mail at once their centres are confirmed. Log in back to your account and download the admit card. Take a print out and carry it to the exam hall in order to be permitted inside.
Dates to remember:
- Starting date for the submission of online application is 3rd December 2016.
- Last date for the submission of online application is 29th December 2016.
- Prepare yourself for AFCAT exam! Top 5 Best Selling Books to Buy
- Indian Army Formulates a New Strategy For Recruitment