IIT Gandhinagar invites applications for its summer research programme for faculties for the academic year 2014. The programme is aimed at building strong ties with other institutions through research at IITGN. Eligible candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of IITGN.
The programme strives to bring together students and faculty from prominent institutions across the country to IITGN's campus. It will allow visitors to participate in on-going research projects, undergo mentorship by IITGN faculty and develop close partnerships and collaborations between respective institutions.
Who can apply:
Faculty of prominent engineering institutions. IITGN may at its discretion also award this fellowship to teachers of other colleges/ universities.
To provide opportunities to faculty of other institutions to (i) participate in ongoing research projects at IIT GN, (ii) undergoing mentorship by faculty of IIT GN and, (iii) participate in developmental initiatives.
At least 2 months; at most duration of summer break.
The applicant must currently be a full-time faculty member at an institution and have a teaching experience of at least 2 years.
- Applicants are required to work with a member of IITGN faculty and maintain regular work time.
- Applicants are required to submit a report to IITGN at the end of the tenure.
Provisions for visitors:
- Monthly honorarium of Rs. 20,000/-
- Single furnished accommodation; visitors are required to pay for their own food/ meals.
- Return rail travel (2nd AC) between Ahmedabad and place of work for joining IITGN and returning to parent institution.
Last date to apply: 15th March, 2014