The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering - GATE 2017 will conducted by the Indian Institute of Science, Roorkee for the session 2017. The exam will be conducted by IIT Roorkee for the 2017 session on behalf of the National Coordination Board GATE, Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Government of India.
GATE 2016 was held by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. The examination was held on January 30 and 31 and February 6 and 7, 2016.
GATE is conducted every year jointly by the IISc, Bangalore and the 7 Indian Institutes of Technology. It is held for admissions into postgraduate programmes in the centrally funded institutes of the country. The scores of GATE will also be used by public and private institutes for admissions.
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates having a bachelor's degree in any of the relevant disciplines can apply.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply for GATE 2017.
- For detailed information about GATE 2017 eligibility criteria, click here.
How to apply for GATE 2017
- Candidates can apply online on the official website of GATE.
- For detailed application procedure, click here.
GATE 2017 Examination Pattern
- The GATE exam will be for a duration of 3 hours.
- Questions will be both multiple choice and numerical type.
- Overall marks is 100.
- For more details on GATE 2017 exam pattern, click here.
GATE 2017 Syllabus
- Syllabus for GATE 2017 will have about 23 papers. View here the complete syllabus for GATE 2017
Important dates for GATE 2017
- Start of online application: September 1, 2016
- Last date for online application: October 4, 2016
- Last date to change the choice of examination city via GOAPS login: November 16, 2016
- Availability of admit cards: January 5, 2017
- Date of GATE 2017 online examination: February 4 - 5, 2017 and February 11 - 12, 2017