IIT Kanpur is offering a short-term course on Microwave and THz Imaging of the Stratified Media for Industrial and Biomedical Applications.
December 5 to December 9 2017
IIT Kanpur Short Term Course Objective
- Providing participants with a brief theoretical foundation of RF, microwave and Thz techniques from the imaging and material testing perspective.
- Explaining briefly the physics of microwave, millimetre-wave and terahertz imaging
- Introducing the concept of electromagnetic inverse scattering and reconstruction algorithms for the microwave/THz imaging
- Introducing various analytical and numerical modelling schemes required for the microwave and THz imaging
- Explaining the fundamental difference between lateral and depth imaging, the achievable resolution in both cases, and the limits of their improvement, impact of higher penetrability on the achievable resolution
- Exposing the participants to the new emerging topics in the field of the microwave and THz for sub-surface and lateral imaging of test objects and media
- Showing the usage of microwave, mm-wave and Terahertz imaging techniques for various real-world applications including the methodologies adopted for the same
- Motivating the young minds to the innovative research field of microwave and Thz imaging by showing various RF imaging experimental modules for the biomedical, industrial and security applications
- Faculty members from academic institutions working in the field of electromagnetic theory and microwave engineering
- Researchers, Scientists and Engineers from R&D organizations and Industry Professionals working in the RF domain
- Students at all levels (B.Tech/Msc/M.Tech/Ph.D.)
Number of seats available
- The registration fee for attending the course is as follows:
- Industry/ Research Organizations: 20000
- Academic Institutions: 10000
- Students: 2000
- Participants from abroad: US $500
The fee includes all instructional materials, Tea/Coffee Breaks, Lunch, and 24 hr free internet facility. The participants may be provided accommodation in the campus on payment basis depending upon availability.
How to register for the IIT Kanpur short term course?
Candidates must register through the official website http://www.iitk.ac.in/web_mimt_lab/