VLSI design will soon use transistors whose size will be as small as 10nm. IIT Kanpur is conducting a short term course to educate and train bright minds on different aspects of Nano-transistors. Modeling especially compact modeling is the heart of circuit simulation. TCAD simulations are used for early device design and to understand the internal physics of transistor.
Electrical characterization includes current and capacitance voltage measurement of transistor. RF measurement is an exciting area which involves understanding of devices as well as high frequency effects. This short term course will cover various topics in modeling, simulation and characterization of transistors especially at nanoscale.
Name of the course
Modeling and Simulation of Nano-Transistors
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Key points covered
- VLSI design and Nanoelectronics
- Physics and Operation of MOSFET
- SPICE and Circuit simulation
- TCAD simulation: Theory and demonstration
- Compact Modeling: Theory and demonstration
- Scaling and Moore's Law
- International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors
- Nano-Transistors: FinFET, FDSOI, Negative Capacitance FET
- Characterization: Current and capacitance measurement
- RF CMOS and GaN High Electron Mobility Transistors
- Faculty members
- Practicing engineers
- Faculty: Rs. 10,000
- Industry/R&D Labs: Rs. 20,000
- Students: Rs. 5,000
13 to 17 February 2017
Number of seats
How to apply
Apply through this link.
Check this link to see the list of shortlisted participants. If your name appears, then please proceed to step 3.
Send DD and hard copy of Registration Form to the address given in the "Contacts" section.
You can also make the payment by online bank transfer to this account -
Name of the Beneficiary: Nano Transistor Short Course; Bank Account Number: 36065869752; Nature of Bank Account: SAVINGS; Name of the Bank: SBI, IIT Kanpur; Name & Address of Bank Branch (with pin code): SBI, IIT Kanpur - 208016; IFS Code: SBIN0001161;
Plase send snapshot of online transfer and scanned form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date of admission
Spot registrations are also allowed