The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2016 will be regulating the seat allocation for admissions into 92 institutes for the academic year 2016-17. The institutes for which the admissions will be taking place under the JoSAA are 22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 2O IIITs and 18 other government fundend technical institutes.
The below are the salient features and important points for the candidates who will be registering for the seat allocation process. The seat allocation process begins tomorrow, July 23, 2016. Find below the detailed schedule for IIT JEE JoSAA 2016.
Who can register for JoSAA 2016?
- Candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) 2016 are eligible to register for seat allocation in NIT+ system (except IITs & ISM) and
- Candidates who have declared qualified in JEE (Adv) 2016 are eligible to register for seat allocation in all participating Institutes.
Filling-in of choices:
- Candidates may fill-in their choices of Institutes and branches in decreasing order of their preference.
- Candidates are strongly urged to fill-in as many choices as possible.
Locking of choices:
- Candidates MUST "lock" their choices.
- For candidates who do NOT lock their choices, their last saved choices will be locked automatically when the time-window for filling-in of choices closes.
Number of rounds of seat allocation:
- JoSAA will conduct four rounds that is 1st through 4th rounds of seat allocation for academic programs offered by Institutes under JoSAA 2016.
- Candidates allotted a seat must pay the seat acceptance fee (through e-Challan/SBI NetBanking) and get the documents verified at any reporting center (josaa.nic.in) for provisional seat acceptance .
Participation in subsequent rounds:
- A candidate is required to fill option for 'freeze', 'slide' or 'float' the choice of academic program.
- If in a subsequent round, a candidate's allotment from NIT+ system changes to an IIT/ ISM, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at an IIT reporting centre, similarly if a candidate's allotment from IIT/ISM changes to an NIT+ system, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at any NIT+ reporting centre, failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats allocated in both NIT+ system and IIT/ISM.
- A candidate, who has already accepted a seat, can withdraw the seat by reporting at a reporting center before the fourth round of seat allocation.
- Registration - Candidates who do NOT register within the specified time window WILL NOT be able to seek admission for this academic year
- Filling-in of choices - Candidates who do NOT fill-in choices within the specified time window WILL NOT be able to seek admission for this academic year
- Dual Reporting: Two times reporting required in case of seat allotment changes from NIT+s system to IITs/ISM and vice versa.
- No modification of locked choices - once locked, choices CANNOT be modified.
Schedule of Events of JoSAA 2016
| June 23, 2016|| Joint Apex Board declares JEE (Main) 2016 AIRs |
| June 24, 2016||10:00||Candidates registration and fill-in their choices of academic programs begins|
| June 27, 2016||10:00 to 16:00||Display of mock seat allocation based on the choices filled-in by candidates as of 26 June 2016, 17:00 IST|
| June 28, 2016 ||17:00|| Candidates registration and fill-in their choices of academic programs ends |
|June 29, 2016|| Reconcile the data, allocate seats, verify and validate |
|June 30, 2016||10:00||Seat allocation (1st round)|
|Four or Five days|| Acceptance of seat (1st round) |
| After 1st round seat acceptance, one day || Display of seats filled / availability status |
| Seat allocation (2nd round) |
|Two or Three days|| Acceptance/withdrawal of seat (2nd round) |
|After 2nd round seat acceptance, one day|| Display of seats filled / availability status |
| Seat allocation (3rd round) |
|Two or Three days|| Acceptance/withdrawal of seat (3rd round) |
|After 3rd round seat acceptance, one day||Display of seats filled / availability status|
|Seat allocation (4th round)|
|One or Two days|| Acceptance of seat (4th round) |
1. Registration is a simple process where candidates reconfirm a few basic details, viz. gender, state code of eligibility and nationality, and provide their contact details.
2. The number of days of seat acceptance of various rounds is indicative. Actual dates will be published soon. Candidates are advised to visit http://josaa.nic.in for regular updates on schedule of events.
3. To accept allotted seats, candidates must pay seat acceptance fee and report at the respective reporting centre for document verification. During the scheduled period, reporting centres will be opened from 10:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs.
4. Withdrawal option is NOT available in the last round of seat acceptance period.
5. Beginning of academic sessions at IITs, ISM, NITs, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs will be announced in due course of time.
6. Delays or disruptions in service due to breakdown of JoSAA computer servers [due to reasons beyond the control of JoSAA 2016] shall be rectified as early as possible and notified on the web (http://www.jeeadv.ac.in OR http://josaa.nic.in). The decisions of JoSAA 2016 in this regard shall be final and binding.