JEE Advanced exam, conducted by IIT-Guwahati is scheduled to be held on May 22, 2016. As the exams are approaching, IIT- Guwahati has issued circular to students instructing them to adhere to dress-code, introduced by the institute.
The guidelines with regard to dress-code mainly aims at curbing the malpractices during JEE Advanced examination.
Students who are appearing for the exam are requested to follow the below mentioned dress code :
- Clothes with full sleeves
- Big buttons
- Brooch and flowers
- High Heels
- Electronic devices
- Smart/programmable watches
- All types of metallic objects, ornaments, rings and bracelets
- Students are expected to wear half sleeved shirts, t-shirts and kurtas.
- Pertaining to footwear, students are permitted to wear slippers, floaters and sandals
- Rule is relaxed with regard to watches, wherein students are allowed to wear simple analog watches
Other guidelines included in the list are as follows:
- In order to assure secure examination process, biometric data (digital photo and finger prints) of all the candidates will be collected before the start of the examination for both morning and afternoon sessions
- Candidates should be present at the examination center before 07:30 am for paper 1 and by 1 pm for paper 2
- Students are also requested to co-operate for frisking at the examination centre
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after scheduled timings i.e. after 09:00 hrs for paper 1 and after 14:00 hrs for paper 2