Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) and Coller School of Management at Tel Aviv University are jointly offering a course to IIM-B students to develop technology partnership between firms in India and Israel. While 28 students had enrolled for the course last year, this year 46 have enrolled.
This year, Consul General of Israel, Yael Hashavit, will address the students briefing about the course on November 22. The emphasis will be on the need for India and Israel to increase engagement at the government-government level, firm-firm level and people-people level for mutual benefit, and also stress on the scope for Israel to help Indian firms with technology, and the scope for Indian firms to help Israeli firms to achieve scale.
The course will cover the needs and opportunities in India that are not addressed because of a lack of certain technologies, and how the technologies in Israel might fill the gap if they find Indian partners who can help scale the business for India and India-like markets.
It will also help students to learn to identify technology opportunities in the global environment, particularly between India and Israel.
Technology Partnership Course Agenda
- In groups, they would identify the technology needs of a company in India by interacting with key decision-makers over the term.
- After discussion, the groups contact companies in Israel to identify a potential collaboration partner.
- To make the partnership happen, a team of professionals with experience in the domain would assist in the last stage of the search.
- Finally, the students would visit Israel to interact with key decision-makers from the Israeli companies to work towards a partnership.
- Coller School offers a similar program that brings their students to interact with Indian industry. These two groups of students also get to interact with each other during the visits to deepen professional relationships.
Venue for Technology Partnership Course
- IIM, Bangalore
- Coller School, Israel
Faculties for Technology Partnership Course
- Abhoy K Ojha
- Anshuman Tripathy
- Suresh Bhagavatula
At Coller School