The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released a video on its official website, appsgate.iitb.ac.in explaining guidelines for exam day for GATE 2021 examinations. The video, shared on YouTube explains important instructions for GATE 2021 exams given the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
The 4-minute long animated video shared on YouTube explains to the candidates about the important steps which need to be followed on the examination day. The video redefines the exam process with proper precautions. The candidates have been advised to reach the examination centres well before the scheduled time and should bring their GATE 2021 admit card, along with a valid photo ID proof.
"The new processes define the new normal to execute assessments in the future" states the video. Among other guidelines, it ensures a safe environment to function examinations properly using touch-free processes wherever needed.
GATE 2021: Exam Day Guidelines
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is scheduled to take place from 6 February 2021 to 14 February 2021. A paper-wise schedule has also been released by IIT Bombay for the examinations. In the video, three stages of the exam process have been explained- Pre-exam guidelines, during exam guidelines, and Post-exam guidelines.
Watch The Video Here:
• Candidates are advised to reach the GATE exam centre an hour before the scheduled time.
• The rope queues and floor marks need to be followed while standing at the entrance gate.
• The candidate's body temperature will be measured by thermo guns before entering the main gate. If the body temperature will be above 99.4 degrees Fahrenheit will have to give the exam in isolation.
During Exam Guidelines:
• The bar code guns will be used to check the candidate's admit card and to provide lab numbers.
• The candidates are allowed to carry masks, gloves, hand sanitiser, pen, admit cards, water bottle, and other exam-related documents.
• The candidates are requested to drop their admit card and rough pad at the exit.
• The candidates are advised to maintain social distance to avoid crowding while leaving the exam gate.
This year, GATE 2021 will be conducted for various subjects, such as aerospace engineering, textile engineering, agriculture engineering, civil engineering, food technology, chemistry, and other subjects.
The admit card for the GATE 2021 exams was released on the official website on January 8. The candidates appearing for the exam will be able to check their results on the official website gate.iitb.ac.in. The GATE 2021 results will be declared on 22 March 2021.