The application process for Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) 2018 will commence from September 1, 2017. Interested candidates can apply online on the official website.
GATE in Engineering is an examination that tests the knowledge of the candidates and checks the primary understanding in the various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. The admission process us for the post graduate courses in engineering at IITs, NITs and IISc.
The interested candidates can apply as soon as the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website initiates the application process.
The test will be held in IISc Bangalore and the various IITs for NCB-GAATE of the Department of Higher Education, MHRD.
Important Dates for GATE 2018
- The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website will commence the application on September 1. 2017.
- The last date for the submission of the online application is October 5, 2017.
- The GATE examination will be conducted on February 3,4,10 and 11 of 2018.
- The Results will be announced on March 17, 2018.
GATE Examination 2018
There are quite a few things you need to keep in mind while preparing for the GATE exam 2018.
- The test will consist of 23 papers and will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) format.
- Some of the questions in the paper will require the candidates to key the numerical answers using the virtual keypad.
- The rest of the questions will be in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) form.
- The applicants will be allowed to use ONLY (On-Screen virtual calculator) which will be provided by the examination.
- The applicant can appear in only one of the papers for the examination.
- Some of the papers for GATE 2018 will be held in multiple sessions.
- The applicant can appear for the examination in one session
Why is GATE required?
GATE is an important examination to qualify, as requiring to seek admission to Master's programs and Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and in other relevant branches of science needs qualification in GATE.
Many institutions which take in students without the MHRD scholarship require the students to be qualified in the GATE test.
Importance of GATE for Employment
Sevela Public Sector Undertakings (PSYs) make use of GATE scores to select candidates for recruitment. These organizations are
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Power Grid Corporation of India.
How to Apply for GATE 2018?
- Visit the official website - gate.iitg.ac.in
- Register as a new user using a valid email address and your mobile number
- You will be provided with an enrollment ID and a password
- Fill in the application form
- Upload a recent passport size photograph, signature and other important documents
- Pay the application fee through one of the online odes - net banking, debit card or credit card
- Download the application form
- Take a print out for future reference.