Dr. Oetker, a leading purveyor of Western pleasure food to India, announced a series of initiatives to support employees and their families during the ongoing health crisis owing to COVID-19. These initiatives are in line with Dr. Oetker's commitment to "Creating a Taste of Home" for its people and consumers.
Keeping the health and safety of the employees at the forefront, as part of the initiative, the organisation will also sponsor vaccination for all its employees and their immediate families, pan India.
Commenting on the initiative, Mr. Oliver Mirza, Managing Director & CEO, Dr. Oetker Indian Subcontinent, said, "Our purpose as a company is Creating a Taste of Home, and this begins with our people, who are at the centre of everything we do. We are inspired by our colleagues working on the front lines - in our manufacturing plants, distribution centres and sales. They work tirelessly to keep the supply chain going and ensure that consumers find their much loved products on the shelf. We are committed to doing our part by ensuring the safety and well-being of our team and breaking the chain of virus transmission in the community. We will continue to play our part in fighting COVID-19.
As part of the initiative, Dr. Oetker announced the following:
Vaccination For All Eligible Employees
Dr. Oetker is committed to immunising its entire workforce as well as their family members and will cover vaccination costs for all employees and their immediate families, including those indirectly associated with the firm and working with them in plants and field sales.
Supporting Employee Well-being
- An internal Task Force was specially created to organise and support the employees and their family members. It has been working ceaselessly round the clock to do whatever it takes to ease the stress on the corona-afflicted employees and their extended family members - be it with medications, hospital beds, oxygen cylinders, ambulances or doctor consults etc.
- Financial support towards medical costs for affected team members wherever required.
- Top up on insurance covers for covid care.
- Covid kits- Covid protection kits have been distributed to sales and production teams, including off-role workers and their families. Face shields have also been provided to all frontline employees.
- Should any team member pass away due to Covid, the family is provided with a comfortable lump sum besides a support team that will facilitate the rehabilitation of the family.
- Dr. Oetker team volunteers at the manufacturing plant produced hundreds of cloth masks to be distributed in the local community around the facility.
- Many families have lost their livelihood due to Covid and Dr. Oetker has reached out via several NGOs to assist with food for needy households.
About The Oetker-Group
The Oetker-Group is a German conglomerate established in 1891. Today, with four different business divisions, namely (1) Continental Pleasure Food, (2) Beer, (3) Sparkling Wine and (4) luxury hotels, it is Germany's largest family-owned diversified industrial group with over 34,000 employees.
About Dr. Oetker
Dr. Oetker is part of The Oetker-Group's pleasure food division and ranks amongst the leading food manufacturers in Europe. It offers a broad product portfolio in Cakes, Desserts and Pizzas and is present in over 50 countries globally.
Dr. Oetker India, established in 2008, mainly known through its FunFoods brand also has a product range from the house of Dr. Oetker that includes waffles, cakes, décor and more. Dr. Oetker Professional, is a leading food solution provider to best-known QSRs, hotels, restaurants, cafés, caterers and more. It provides solutions in cakes, desserts, pizzas and condiments categories.
Dr. Oetker, with its European legacy since 1891, is committed to its people, consumers, the environment, and society.
Disclaimer: This is a press release from Dr. Oetker and Careerindia does not take responsibility for the content