The registration deadline for CMAT 2017 has been deferred from December 15 to December 25, 2016. The parent body All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) postponed CMAT registration dates for admission in PGDM/MBA 2017-19 in more than 600 B-schools.
The admissions through CMAT will be for AICTE approved MBA/PGDM programmes commencing 2017. Also, earlier, the date was December 10 and it was extended to December 15. Now, yet again it is extended, so that more candidates can enrol their names.
CMAT 2017 exam will be held on January 28, 2017 while January 29 has been declared a 'Reserve Day' by AICTE.
The format of the CMAT 2017 will be computer based test (CBT). Earlier, two CMAT tests used to be conducted. However,AICTE will now hold only one CMAT exam instead of 2 CMAT exams which were usually scheduled during the months of September and February every year.
CMAT 2017 is the second largest MBA/PGDM entrance test after CAT. After becoming a yearly exam, it is expected that more than 1 lakh test takers would register for CMAT 2017.
According to the official notification, there are some pointers to tick, before registering for CMAT. You will need the following:
- A Computer with good Internet connectivity so that there is no breakage of Internet during registration
- All your qualification details as you need to enter them while registering for CMAT exam
- You need to upload your scanned photo while registering, hence keep ready a scanned clear photo of yours taken on a white background. The size of this photo should be 140 x 160 (less than 60Kb)
- You need to upload your scanned signature while registering, hence keep ready your scanned clear signature done on a white background. The size of this signature file should be 60 x 90 (less than 30Kb)
- A Valid e-mail id which you will be using at least for the next 6 months. All communication will be done on this e-mail id which you will enter while registering for CMAT exam
- A Valid mobile number as all information via sms will be sent to this number
- A valid Credit / Debit card in case you want to pay ONLINE
- A Printer connected to your system as you will have to PRINT 3 copies of CHALLAN in case you are planning to pay by CASH at the bank
Registration fee for CMAT 2017
Test fee is included in the registration and application fee for CMAT 2017.
For General/OBC Category candidates the registration and test fee is Rs. 1400/- and for SC/ST/PD candidates the test fee is Rs.700/-. This fee is excluding the bank charges, if any.
While making cash payment at the bank, you will have to pay Rs. 40/- towards bank charges in addition to Rs. 1400/- registration fee.
How to Apply for CMAT 2017?
- Visit CMAT official website aicte-cmat.in
- On the right top of the page, click New Registration
- A new page with a set of instructions will be displayed. Read it thoroughly and tick 'I have read and understood the complete instructions on how to register for CMAT 2017 exam and I am ready to start the registration process'
- Click Submit
- Another form page will appear. Fill your personal details. Click Submit
- A log in ID and password will be generated. Use it to log in again
- Make the online payment for the examination
- Keep checking the website for further notifications